Monday 21 May, 2007

Introducing myself n my blog :)

Most of you already know at least the bare details about me... but for those who claim to have forgotten or for those who by some mischance have stumbled upon these scribbles, here goes. :)

I'm a gal currently studying (or at least pretending to :) ) in IIT Roorkee. Some xyz branch... blah blah blah

Other than that... I am an aries, so obviously I have a rather too high opinion of myself, a very short temper, and an even shorter attention span for uninteresting things. And I like fattebaazi :) For those unfamiliar with the term, it basically means I can't stick to the bare bones of reality most of the time.. so I embellish it a little here n there, or I try and stir things up a little if they are being too mundane... Nothing serious.. just enough to make it interesting :)

Yet it all depends on my mood at any given moment... However the one thing I like more than most others is plain thinking. You might well ask what kind of an interest that! let me clarify... I try not to think about work as far as I can help myself. Nor do I willingly waste my thoughts on politics; the sorry state of world affairs; the life and loves of various celebrities, alive or dead; and a thousand other uninteresting topics.

What doesn't interest me might be important, but I'd still not willingly think about it in my spare time. Au contraire, what I think about might be trivial in the extreme... but it's what I do best. :) Or rather, being more honest it's something I really can't help.

Now I'm not sure how I ended up here but what I started out with was the intention of introducing myself and my blog. ( :) This is going to be a very common phenomenon... I digress like crazy... :) ) So I think I've talked about myself more than anyone was actually interested in and so I'd better move on to the blog and its purpose.

I envision this as a place where I can just go on about the things that strike me... What is a public blog afterall? It's a way to share your thoughts with those you know and who know you. It's a way to let the writer in you have a little freedom to get carried away without the constraints of always having to write upon a predefined topic with a predefined objective in mind... That's what happens in all the so called humanities classes... Fattebaazi hoti hai... But it's still not supposed to be random in nature :)

Now that said... I think it's more than enough to be getting on with... Hopefully this spurt of interest will not dry out :)

Sayonara

2 comments:

Rahul said...

kuchh kuchh aaya samajh ;-)

Sammy said...

haan.. priyanka keh rahi thi mere normal level par nahin hai! :) I said logon ko darana nahin hai! :D